“Find joy in the LORD, you righteous people. Give thanks to him as you remember how holy he is.” – Psalm 97:12 (GW)
There are a lot of places people look for joy, but true joy can only be found in the Lord. Once you find joy in Him, it is only right that we become thankful…
- Be thankful for Jesus whose death on the cross made us right with God and righteous in His sight.
- Be thankful for the life He has given you… a life that had meaning and a purpose even before you were born.
- Be thankful for the people He has put in your life to shape you and bless you.
- Be thankful for the ways God has helped you to overcome sin.
- Be thankful for the areas where you struggle and that God is at work in you to overcome those areas too.
What are you thankful to God for? Think about our Holy God and take time right now to say thanks, realizing that every good and perfect gift comes from God (James 1:17).